Tuesday 29 January 2013

Some progress!

I've spent a little time on a couple of my works in progress this long weekend ....
The crocheted blanket is still slowly coming along. I did take it in the car with me when we all went out for lunch on Sunday, but we had to go into the hills and for the first time in ages I started feeling a bit travelsick so I decided safest not to keep going! I have managed a few rows while watching Masterchef though ;)
My flannel raggy quilt, however, is in the process of being 'snipped'! I finished the binding and am now doing all the snipping to make it raggy. I think it will take me a few more nights to finish that part because my hand gets sore after an hour using the scissors! I'm pleased with myself though, because I made a matching pillowcase cover out of the leftover squares and binding .... I am definitely trying hard to clear out some of my stash and not hang onto scraps this year! The quilt looks good so far, of course the stitching isn't perfect, but I don't think my bubba will mind and I am looking forward to seeing how it fluffs up after washing and drying.
That's it for this update ..... wonder if I'll get more done this week with A1 heading back to school? lol, not likely I imagine!

No comments:

Post a Comment