Tuesday 26 February 2013

The dreaded 'Z' word!

ZUCCHINI! (or courgette for those north of the equator ;) )
We have 3 zucchini plants in our veggie patch and they are going berserk still! I seem to add Zucchini to any meal I possible can, chopped, sliced, diced, grated or pureed! Yes, pureed, because bub is onto solids now so even he doesn't miss out! My cooking days have been numerous lately trying to use them up, even making soup on 30+ degree days. I have found a couple of nice new recipes and also 'created' a couple by combining ideas from others. I have to say one winning recipes is the Courgette, Orange and Mixed spice muffins, they are YUM! The next time I make them I am going to do them without sugar too as the first time I used a bit less than the recipe said, then next time I used about 2/3 and really I think even less or none will be fine still, plus makes it a little better for the waistline. I also tried some Zucchini and Pineapple cake, which is nice but a bit moist, not sure if I didn't rid rid of enough zucchini 'juice' or if I should have cooked it longer, but it still tastes quite good.
Okay, I'm off to pin more zucchini recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment