Sunday 24 February 2013

Yeeha!

Seeing as I can't get the right coloured blue flannel at the moment to make a rag quilt for A1, I decided to make him a 'normal' quilt. A2 helped me pick out the fabrics, she insisted on the cowboys (Yee Ha range at spotlight) and although i think her brother may have preferred cars, these are pretty cute! I used this quilt at Two Little Banshees for inspiration when designing my blocks. I used 6 fat quarters and cut them up so that I would get 2 whole blocks from each fat quarter to make 12 blocks in total. Once they were cut I lay them out to play the design. I took a photo at this stage because I caught MissA2 picking some of the strips up and moving them around!!! Argh! Anyway, I have 6 blocks pieced now and just need to piece the others before I add the sashing and borders. I will update with more pics as I get to that stage
I'm pretty happy with how it looks so far and can't wait to see the top pieced together!

No comments:

Post a Comment